The Riley 2.5 liter roadster for sale here was delivered to South Africa in 1950 as the only Riley RMC at the time. There it remained until 2013 and was then transferred to Germany. It was subsequently restored and now presents a beautiful patina. The interior was refurbished in 2016 and presents itself in a corresponding condition. The paint was renewed a long time ago and still makes a good impression.
The powerful engine draws over 101 horsepower from its 2.5 liter displacement and still provides responsive acceleration. Thanks to the direct steering and the sporty chassis for the time, the roadster can be steered precisely and is a lot of fun even on narrow roads.
The RMA was the first post-war Riley. It had a 1.5-liter engine and was equipped with partially hydraulic brakes and front wheels individually suspended on double wishbones with torsion bar springs. The body had a traditional wooden skeleton and was in the classic style. The car reached a top speed of 120 km/h, was manufactured from 1946 to 1953 and then replaced by the RME.
The RMB was an enlarged RMA and was released a year later. It had the 2.5-liter ("Big Four") engine with two SU carburetors, initially rated at 90 hp, then 101 hp from 1948. It reached a top speed of 152 km/h and was replaced by the RMF in 1952. The RMC was a roadster that was actually developed for the American market, but only found about 50 buyers there. It also had the 2.5 liter engine of the RMB, from which it was derived. The cars reached a top speed of about 160 km/h and were quite sporty for the time. Between 1949 and 1951, a limited production of only 507 units was made.